Sunday, April 24, 2011

So many things had happened throughout this long period of time that I was away here.

First and the most impt one is, Westwood Concert Band maintained a Silver. It may be our 5th time getting this Silver but this year, it wasn't an easy one. We went through so many ups and downs. All the problems we had in our personal life, our studies and finding the time out just to have sectionals together wasn't easy at all. The times we had for full band wasn't a lot too, but still I think, being able to maintain a Silver was an awesome thing of course. :)
But the feeling you had when walking out of Singapore Conference Hall just sucks especially after personally hearing the results. The whole band literally cried altogether, despite many encouragements ands motivation given we were still unable to stand up again. But when Mr Wong step out, many of us opened up and realised, yeah why are we crying when we have at least maintained and did a good job. This is the best playing we had already. Time flies, 2 weeks+ have passed. The whole of SYF has ended for Concert Bands. We may want a second chance again, but in life, there isn't any second chance. All we have is to work even harder than before and get what we want in 2 years down the road. I'm sure the alumnis, seniors, Mr Wong, teachers-in-charge will push us even harder to get the goal that we want. Westwood Concert Band, can do it. :) We have went through so many ups and downs tgt so I am very sure, this will be nothing to them. Juniors, all the best. :)))) I am a proud Westwood Concert Band Player. :)

Passing out in week 9. I can't wait for POP, but I'm sure I'll go home with swollen eyes again. But again, this is life right? We ought to learn to let go when the time comes. :)

Mid Year Examinations is coming, all the best and good luck to all my juniors, fellow schoolmates and friends.
All the best to Westwood Guitar Ensemble for your upcoming SYF. :)

I will be back again.

No comments: